Friday 4 June 2010

Life in the old dog yet.

A very busy evening yesterday.

To the Tabernacle with Tilly for the launch of Ray Roughler-Jones' book: Drowning on dry land; many long unseen faces attended. I'll be reviewing the book soon.

I spotted Tristan at a table with the chanteuse Anne Pigalle; I must ask him about that when I next see him.

Tilly then raced me across town in her dog catchers van to Hoxton in order to attend an Exhibition opening. We arrived in time to be thrown out after the skimpiest of views but still too long to my mind.

Then back to Notting Hill, getting lost on the way (although I am constantly lost in Tilly's company), for fish soup at the Cow. We ate at the bar where it seemed that everyone arrived to meet the new muse.

There were leaving drinks for Viviana who is returning to Mexico soon, I declined the suggested drinks at the Beachcomber, I'm too old for that these days.

I saw Tilly off safely in the dog catchers van then returned home.

What a lovely evening.

Good luck Viviana... I shall make your place my first port of call on my world tour.... Just to stock up on smiles, joy and enthusiasm.

Your leaving is London's loss.


2 comments:

headsknowbest said...

Tomorrow heralds in an even older 'old dog' as the first half chip off the Hazell block reaches 60. As a point of celebration the blog watchers from the Languedoc will decamp to a villa on the Costa Brava, there to imbibe champagne, make paella, collect silver-shot pebbles from still remote coves and saunter on the beach with the other naked old fools before a wild sea. Not quite a world away; still keeping a watching brief through the ether sphere for magicians, wordsmiths and men in search of muses.

Unknown said...

I will miss you Tristan!! Please feel free to stop by whenever!! Viviana