Wednesday 7 September 2011

Michael Horovitz needs space.


At the opening of the Urban Art Exhibition at the Muse at 269 Portobello Road last night I bumped into Michael Horovitz. michael is one of the reasons I am doing what I do now... An inspiration. I nicked the following from the Evening standard:

Can you dig that? The big daddy of the British Beat movement, co-organiser of 1965's legendary Poetry Internationale at the Albert Hall and founder of the Poetry Olympics is making the scene. He is the editor of Children of Albion, the influential Sixties underground verse collection, publisher of New Departures anthologies since 1959, husband of the late, renowned poetry reader Frances, father of another poet, Adam, and friend of every cat from Damon Albarn and Samuel Becket to Patti and Stevie Smith.


Monumental chaos: “Indoor skip it may seem to you,
but compared to Francis Bacon’s studio, my pad here is
Versailles,” says Michael Horovitz of his Notting Hill flat

Michael's newsletter popped into the inbox this morning. At 75 he is still performing and painting. He does however need studio/storage space in London. I've cut and pasted the following:

ARCHIVE/STUDIO SPACE/S NEEDED
I’m still pretty desperately seeking STORAGE/WORKSPACE – if anyone knows of or might lead to anything at lowish rental (or even free as an act of patronage) by all means pass on my contact data to any potential lessor/patron, or tell me directly. Anywhere round Greater London, large or small, might be welcome (tho West/Central would be ideal).


If you can help house one of Britains national treasures please get in touch. tristanhzll@gmail.com

No comments: