Sunday 29 August 2010

Today; Carnival Sunday!

 
9.00 am. The view from the roof.

                                                                  Gaz's Rockin Blues




Apart from the rain showers (fortunately I was safely tucked away in the Tabernacle) Carnival day one went well!


9.00 pm: I have just attended the worst party  imaginable; full of youngsters (fair enough, but why invite sentient beings too in that case) and fairly sad middle aged folk who should have known better... I sat down next to an overweight, over made up, over indulged middle aged woman who informed me she was 'too tired' to talk. she was, however, not too tired to ask where the quavers were.


I was handed a beer of the variety that through it's sheer cheapness, leeches out any sense of enjoyment and, through it's weakness, and through some strange osmosis or capillary action, sucks out any alcohol already in the body... the fat plain woman, I was told, had a rich husband and for that reason must be respected; bollocks, the husband deserves a great deal of respect for putting up with her in the sober light of day 24-7, what the fuck he was thinking about when he married and impregnated her boggles the mind. She was truly appalling..


I left.


Now, outside my window, thousands of drunks are exploring that place that exists the wrong side of 'time to go home'.



Carnival!!!


rumours have been circulating since this afternoon of impending acid attacks and shootings tomorrow. Let us hope they are groundless.



No comments: