Friday 12 November 2010

Cafe Ravenous, Portobello Road.

The lasers have danced for the last time. Cafe Ravenous is no more.


                                Photo: Fiona Campbell


During its life time it was the place to party on the Portobello Road and the yurt in the garden made it rather special. A lot of people will be sad to see it go. Charlie and Ali who ran the crazy place were always welcoming and certainly entertaining; they offered me help and kindness during a period when I was not the happiest of men, we had our ups and downs. The reading I did there with  Murray Lachlan Young and Sam Margin was remains a very happy memory. 


the two of them will of course continue with their 'Ravenous' catering and I wish them success.


And thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey could u please give me the owners details. i'm very interested in the cafe.