Monday 25 October 2010

Channel 4's Seven Days; Weak.

I accidentally caught the Channel 4 reality show Seven Days last night, if you must know I had been watching something called Desperate Housewives (I don't own a TV so this was something of a novelty), and wish I hadn't but am glad I did.


Seven Days is typical of the sort of TV that causes me to not own a television; there is nothing remotely resembling reality in the show, it is merely a collection of smug, egoists (or is it egotists) serendipitously bumping into each other in the land of trite happen chance, talking about themselves in a seriously 'bigmeup' kind of way and the only reference point seems to be earlier episodes of the show.


This is television well and truly disappearing up it's own arsehole.


If you want to know about Notting Hill and the incredible cross section of people who inhabit it do not expect to learn anything from Seven Days.


Seven Days can only be seen to be attempting to follow (and failing miserably) in the footsteps of great shows such as Noddy, Camberwick Green, Trumpton and Postman Pat!


Seven Days..... Weak.


I am tempted to believe that aforementioned housewives desperation stemmed from having to watch the damn thing.



No comments: