Tuesday 21 September 2010

Things that make Jan Nieupjur cry: No.1 Leonard Cohen. Alexandra leaving.

Jan called in today to wish me well and share a bottle of cheap Spanish rose; he swears by it, cheaper than a pint of beer with a kick like a nun he says... I quite concur!

Anyway Jan uncorks the bottle (real cork, I like that; class) and squirts us a couple of glassfulls.

'I don't know how they get the cat to sit on the bottle'!  Says Jan.

I take a sideways squint at my glass as I try to get the first mouthfull past my natural gagging instinct.  

'Jan'. I say. 'Jan, this is almost undrinkable'!

'Yes.' He replies.  'But it is potable.  get it down you and stop moaning!... Why man you are in tears!.'

I asked him what made him cry. He went to the record player and put the following on, saying: This is what makes me cry:



No comments: